Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mountain Adventure

Today started off late, got plenty of sleep last night though I can't say that it was great sleep because I went to bed quite late (shame on me). And my room is quite bright in the morning so I spent most of the morning trying to find positions to hide the most light from my eyes.

Once I did finally get up though I had a delicious breakfast of three fried eggs. Like I said in my previous blog I'm trying out a cyclic low carb paleo diet out for a while (1-3 months depending on how it goes).


I used to hate the idea of fried eggs, but that was before I thought of turning them over and making a sort of over medium fried egg... which I now love :)

Anyways, I digress.

Today was a rest day for me as far as working out but on rest days I like to do outside activities. Sounds like something you'd say to a 10 year old but it's true. I don't always get the motivation to get up and go do something but that's the goal and today was fun.

There is a large mountain near my apt...


Yes that is the mountain.

So I decided it would be a good idea to try and find the top. Now it needs to be said that there was no planning involved, no looking at detailed maps as to find hiking trails nothing at all except that my roommate told me it was just up the street. So I went just up the street... and this is what I found :)


Stairway to heaven? No. Stairway to the top of the mountain? No. Stairway towards the top of the mountain? Sort of...


The peak in the background is where I'm heading, theoretically.


Pretty neat umm... side of the mountain thing... along the way.


"Two Roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."

Poem by Robert Frost




Excuse me, sir, where is your authorisation pass?


I left it at the top of the mountain, let me got get it for you, brb.



Sorry for the camera man's poor knowledge of making videos, IE. don't turn the camera sideways when you're making videos :/ Note taken for next time :p


Left to mark the path from those who never made it back.




So yeah, didn't quite make it to the top this time. Goes to show that planning is a useful thing. But sometimes just going can be so much more fun. Really enjoyed trying to find my way alone and I'm glad that I decided to do it because I would have never had the experience I did if I had taken a normal hiking path. So next time I'll find a more normal way to the top and take some pictures again so you guys can see the beautiful view.

Like I said in the beginning I didn't consult a map before I went and likewise I didn't bring a map with me so I played a fun little game called "Find Your Way Home". Kidding, really wasn't hard, I just went back the way I came, though I debated taking a different route I figured I'd leave that for a day where it wasn't starting to get dark. After I  found my way home I realized I didn't have anything to eat in the fridge and I thought after all the good healthy fun I should definitely eat something good for me. So I went to the local meat market, just down the street, and saw two fish fillets for 10.90HKD (approx. 1.42USD) and I was like HECK YES SON... so I went home and cooked it up with some broccoli.


I was quite satisfied.

My recommendation for the day: Go outside and have some fun!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment